4. FOCUS ON HELPING –
When delivering follow-up, your goal is not to sell.
Let me give you some ideas of what I mean:
- Always follow-up with clients and be prepared to provide them with additional valuable information and not just to ask them if they want to buy.
- Act as their consultant or expert to help with their decision or ownership of what you sell. Even if they did not buy it from you.
- Make sure you personalize contact with clients. The thing they hate most is to feel like they are part of a system that does not specifically fit within their needs.
5. COMMITMENT –
You must think long term with people today, as they are buying what you sell with more information than ever before. If you don’t believe me just ask “Google.”
Therefore in order to achieve success, you must be willing to do the following:
- Create an Evidence Manual of information to use in your follow-up.
- Always ask for referrals, which is another practice of the very best.
- Set aside time daily to make this activity happen.
Follow-up is the one thing that can completely change your income and more importantly how the customer feels when done right.
We have never worked with any sales professional or organization, who upon implementing a more serious follow-up discipline with the clients they had and the potential clients they were working with, that did not experience a significant increase in business.
About the author
Jaime “Jim” Hernandez, is president of Strategic Business Communications, Inc. which ranked #4122 in INC magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies in America. He contributes a column about marketing for Latin Business Today. A motivational speaker, marketing consultant and trainer, Jim has worked with more than 30 businesses in the U.S. and abroad. He is a member of the National Advisory Board of MYM, and has been a guest lecturer on sales and marketing at the University of San Diego.Website