Tips and Questions to be Answered by you
- Know your Breakeven (How many sales per month to cover your operating expenses)
- Do you meet lenders 3 Cs requirement? - Credit, Collateral, Cash Flow
- Do you understand what an SBA guarantee can do for you?
- Match your funding requests with appropriate time lines
- Create a path from yesterday to tomorrow. Your history is as important as your future (cash flow projections)
- Know your industry and your market
- When you are ready, prepare an executive summary as a sales tool that highlights the strengths of your business.
Learn where to go to seek fundng to meet your needs.
Select the best option for your company:
- Commercial Banks
- Savings and Loan Associations
- Thrift Associations
- Micro lenders
- Factor Companies
- Private Foundations
- Asset Based Lenders
- Crowd Funding
- Angel Investors,
- Venture Capital Funds
- Credit Cards
- Pay Day Lenders
Obstacles to address in today's business environment
- Compliance Issues in your Industry
- High Cost of Real Estate
- Insurance Requirements
- Credit Issues
It's imperative that small business owners understand their market and the various segments (generations) and new residents from other countries
About the author
Marjorie Weber has been educating entrepreneurs and guiding them in their search for capital for the past 16 years: combining business training programs with one-on-one mentoring. Marj is currently the executive director of Primed2Grow, a Miami based consultantcy. Most recently Maj was a financial advisor for Florida SBDC at FIU. She was Chair of SCORE Miami Dade from 2010 to 2014. She also serves as an advisor to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program and the SBA Emerging Leaders Program and provides training for Veterans seeking an entrepreneurial path upon retirement from the service. She has facilitated workshops under the auspices of Miami Bayside Foundation, Little Haiti Cultural Center and .local banks. She commenced her career as a real estate investment banker in New York and Miami..She uses these long term relationships to assist her clients in accessing capital. She knows both the process and the people and has assisted in providing financing for hundreds of businesses in Miami Dade.