What does this all mean?
There is no doubt that the present and the future of business is moving towards systems and organizations that evenly empower everyone within and allow for the free flow of information and thinking.
As a leader here are a few thing sto keep in mind:
- Consider the big picture and where and how a collaborative culture can help deliver on your goals as an organization.
- Count on your internal teams to help you design the processes and systems to encourage collaboration. Trust your employees, your internal teams are the experts in what works and doesn’t work.
- The organization benefits from collaboration as do the Individuals.
- Lead the organization with collaborative behavior at the core.
- Be persistent – collaboration will challenge the people and culture of your organization.
- Measure and track how collaboration impacts the bottom line and employee satisfaction.
Every organization can benefit by creating a collaborative environment. It is increasingly clear that collaboration has entered a new era and that this era is engendering new modes of working and producing new rules for organizing business. With no one size fits all model, one must carefully consider how collaboration works best for your business and industry and create a plan that suits your company goals, strategy and above all – your biggest assets, your employees.
About the author
Maria Botta is the founder of FWD-Action, a digital strategy consultancy, working with small to mid sized businesses, helping to lead clients in the convergence of technology, creativity, entertainment. FWD ACTION allows Botta to continue to do what brings her the most professional and personal satisfaction, “Doing great work that truly matters, with integrity, for those clients who are striving to do good works for the world". Botta is the daughter of Cuban exiles, she was born in the US, and raised in Europe and the Caribbean, she holds an MBA in Global Management from Thunderbird's prestigious European program in Geneva, Switzerland and an Art History degree from Mt. Holyoke College.Twitter