When it Comes to Digital Marketing: Focus First On Your Number One Asset
- Have an objective and strategy: Do you want to use your website to inform, sell, foster relationships or all of the above? Break out your objectives into different website sections. One of the worst mistakes I see is companies trying to achieve everything in one landing page (or Home page)
- Have a simple/relevant message and a logical navigation. This point goes hand in hand with the first one. Have your friends and or family members test the navigation for you. Is it second nature?
Be Social Make it easy to share
- Entice your customers to follow you and share your content with their networks definitely include the follow me buttons and RSS
- Blog/Thought Leadership will not only help with organic SEO but will also build trust from your customers
- Make sure you select the key words relevant to your product/category/location
These points are high level but it should provide a good starting point for you. A good source to learn about websites and how they are key to an Inbound Marketing Strategy is Hubspot.com. While I have no financial remuneration from recommending them, I have used their extensive library multiple times in those rare instances when I have doubted myself.
Questions? Contact me at email@example.com