It was a spectacular night of success for entrepreneurs!
The entrepreneurial spirit
As Manuel Chinea, EVP, Chief Operating Officer, Popular Bank pointed out at the event “Rosie Mercado’s story is the story of America’s entrepreneurial spirit. A combination of perseverance, innovation and hard work.” He went on to say, “There are 30 million small businesses in America today and 4.5 million are Latinx owned. These businesses represent 700 billion in revenue a key U.S. economic driver. “
On September 17, 2019 Latin Biz Today held its sold out small business event to celebrate Latinx small biz owners during a convergence of Hispanic Heritage Month and New York Fashion Week.
7 Reasons the Latin Biz Today Latinx Spectrum of Success NY Event was a success!
As a national multi-media platform we wanted to share an initial taste of the NY September event below in sight and sound for those across the country…there is more to come!
1. Keynote speaker Rosie Mercado kicked off the festivities sharing her entrepreneurial experiences and life lessons.
2. Latin Biz Today’s exceptional mentor-contributor mindshare and thought leadership were showcased in a small business panel moderated by Gabby Vazquez who provided their insights to the entrepreneur attendees.
Here’s the line up: Biz Panel Moderator: Gabrielle Y. Vázquez, Partner, attorney McGrail & Bensinger, LLP with the distinguished panel experts:
- Manuel Chinea, EVP, Chief Operating Officer, Popular Bank
- Bob Dorf, “The Start Up Guy” Speaker, author, coach, consultant, trainer with over 84K LinkedIn followers Small business growth in U.S and LatAm.
- Chuck Garcia, motivational speaker, leadership, author of “A Climb to the Top”
- Tracy Nieporent, partner Myriad Restaurant Group: Tribeca Grill, Bâtard, Nobu Downtown, Nobu 57, Nobu London, Porsche Grill (formerly Acela Club) at Citi Field, The Daily Burger at Madison Square Garden, and Crush Wine & Spirits.
- Stella Vida, CPA, Owner and Managing Partner of Hart Vida & Partners
3. Kiki Melendez comedian, producer, entrepreneur followed our biz panel and had a spirited and amusing exchange with CEO BrandFire Adam Padilla.
4. Latin Biz Today partner, director of communications capped off the evening with a showcase of three Latinx entrepreneur fashion designers: Paulita Carlotta, Cenia and Tina’s own Tocaya.
Look for more videos from this event and others…