VOY TV is here, combining acquired original, licensed and user-generated content.
Digital media company VOY, which focuses on meeting the demand for culturally relevant content by the fast-growing English-speaking Latino community, announced in October that it was launching VOY TV. The first broadband television network to combine programmed content with user-generated videos and sharing tools, VOY TV is a next-generation entertainment destination for Latin audiences looking for an entertaining and social experience.
VOY TV offers a combination of acquired original programming, licensed content, and user-generated video. It launches with thousands of videos arranged in an array of user-generated and premium channels where users can also share video clips, create blogs, and meet Latinos with similar interests. It also offers several original and acquired series to connect with audiences who increasingly look online for entertainment and interaction. The company plans to launch additional original programming in the coming months.
“VOY was conceived as a brand, independent of any particular method of distribution, recognized for its ability to bring entertainment that resonates with the Latin mindset to audiences that are increasingly turning to digital media,” says Fernando Espuelas, founder and CEO of VOY. “VOY TV takes advantage of broadband distribution to reach this underserved audience and connect with millions of viewers hungry for relevant content and social networking.”
Select VOY premium channels include:
- VOY Filmmaker Showcase, which highlights the best short films, music videos, and commercials made by Latinos or featuring Latinos.
- “LatinEyes,” a licensed broadcast magazine show that focuses on Latin culture in the United States and abroad. It highlights political, historical, and entertainment figures who are making an impact on Latinos in the U.S. and around the world, as well as products, places and events that shape the Latino experience.
- VOY to Hollywood, which features celebrity interviews, featurettes, and behind-the-scenes news on movies and shows that interest Latinos.
- “LatinoCam,” an original weekly series that puts VOY members at the center of programming as virtual reporters for news, current affairs, and entertainment around the world.
- “Hola America!,” which is a news magazine series currently syndicated in several California cities and now available nationally through VOY’s network. It focuses on Latino personalities who are making an impact in the United States.
VOY TV serves the millions of Latinos who have adopted video as the Internet’s newest form of communication and entertainment. There are currently over 16 million Hispanic Internet users in the U.S. While 77 percent of these users have access to broadband, only 15 percent prefer to visit Spanish-only websites, according to a Synovate report released in September 2006. According to the Pew Internet & American Life Project, the top reason Hispanics use the Internet is to access cultural content.
VOY (meaning “I Go” in Spanish) is a digital media company focused on delivering culturally relevant entertainment and empowering today’s new generation of Englishspeaking Latinos and those discovering Latin culture. The VOY brand connects with its audience through a broad range of emerging and traditional distribution vehicles from broadband and wireless to broadcasting and DVDs. The company was founded in 2003 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Buenos Aires.