Video- Tech visionary’s insights on STEM and enhancements for small businesses.
In this video episode Irving Wladawsky-Berger shares his depth of knowledge on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) as related to our economy and the success and growth of small business.
Highlights of Irving Wladawsky-Berger’s STEM and small business video
STEM is critical to our economy, what initiatives are in place to encourage STEM integration and careers?
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) is critical to our digital economy. Given the amount of data and information available today there is a need for technical knowledge and people in the field.
- Colleges, universities and community colleges are offering graduate and advance degrees to take advantage of the demand. It is where jobs are going.
- Businesses in every field need to take advantage of STEM in order to be competitive on a global scale.
[ylwm_vimeo height=”400″ width=”600″>72337278[/ylwm_vimeo>
How does STEM benefit small business?
STEM permeates all aspects of the economy. The relationship of STEM and businesses of all sizes are vital. Its like saying how important is electricity to businesses of a particular size. They all need electricity and they all need STEM on some level.
- As we look at small businesses STEM plays a key role in efficiency and productivity.
- Small business owners can more easily reach out to their customers.
- It affords an opportunity to participate in the global supply chain.
- Information technology is an enabler for a range of capabilities.
Direct benefits of STEM technology for small business:
- Web site navigation
- Ordering products and services
- Offering a range of payment options virtually
It facilitates the advancement of small business
View View Episode 4: Irving Wladawsky-Berger on Big Data, Analytics, Small & Medium Business here
View View Episode 3: Irving Wladawsky-Berger on Mobile Technology, Small & Medium Business here
View View Episode 2: Irving Wladawsky-Bergers Career In Innovation here
View Video Episode 1: Hispanic Leader In Innovation- Video Series here