Key bank engagement steps to secure a small business bank loan.
Manuel Chinea, EVP, COO, Popular share a banker’s perspective on securing small business loans and financial insights.
Editor’s note: This the fifth in a video series from Latin Biz Today, Latinx Spectrum of Success Event small business panel held in NY. It highlights Manuel Chinea’s deep banking experience as EVP, COO of Popular.
Other videos from the event:
- Stella Vida, CPA shared some key financial best practices at the Latin Biz Today Latinx Spectrum Of Success Event NY 2019.
- Recap of the event: Latin Biz Today Latinx Spectrum Of Success Event NY 2019 Recap [Video]
- Chuck Garcia’s insights Small Business Leadership Communications & Emotional Intelligence [Video]
- Tracy Nieporent on marketing and the restaurant industry Marketing Insights- Myriad Restaurant Group, Partner, CMO Tracy Nieporent [Video]
Know your current financial position so you can properly plan your business growth.
Guidelines to secure a bank loan means effectively communicating the following with a bank:
- Communicate your vision
- Know your business and your numbers
- Understand what your customers needs
- Have deep knowledge of your industry
- Demonstrate anticipation of where the industry is going
Manuel is an Executive Vice President of Popular Inc, a leading financial institution with $40 billion in assets and operations in Puerto Rico, the United States mainland and Virgin Islands. He is based in New York and serves as Chief Operating Officer of Popular Bank, Popular Inc’s $9 billion banking subsidiary in the U.S. mainland with operations in New York, New Jersey and South Florida. In that capacity, he oversees all operations and business activities for the New York-based Popular Bank.
For over two decades, Manuel has been an active member and officer of several marketing, credit, treasury management and nonprofit organizations, and he currently serves as Board Member of the Hispanic Federation. Manuel received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland, and his M.B.A. from the University of Michigan.
The event was held on September 17, 2019 Latin Biz Today held its sold out small business event to celebrate Latinx small biz owners during a convergence of Hispanic Heritage Month and New York Fashion Week.
The Latin Biz Today Latinx Spectrum of Success NY Event
The NY September event featured:
1. Keynote speaker Rosie Mercado kicked off the festivities sharing her entrepreneurial experiences and life lessons.
2. Latin Biz Today’s exceptional mentor-contributor mindshare and thought leadership were showcased in a small business panel moderated by Gabby Vazquez who provided their insights to the entrepreneur attendees.
Here’s the line up: Biz Panel Moderator: Gabrielle Y. Vázquez, Partner, attorney McGrail & Bensinger, LLP with the distinguished panel experts:
- Manuel Chinea, EVP, Chief Operating Officer, Popular Bank
- Bob Dorf, “The Start Up Guy” Speaker, author, coach, consultant, trainer with over 84K LinkedIn followers Small business growth in U.S and LatAm.
- Chuck Garcia, motivational speaker, leadership, author of “A Climb to the Top”
- Tracy Nieporent, partner Myriad Restaurant Group: Tribeca Grill, Bâtard, Nobu Downtown, Nobu 57, Nobu London, Porsche Grill (formerly Acela Club) at Citi Field, The Daily Burger at Madison Square Garden, and Crush Wine & Spirits.
- Stella Vida, CPA, Owner and Managing Partner of Hart Vida & Partners
3. Kiki Melendez comedian, producer, entrepreneur followed our biz panel and had a spirited and amusing exchange with CEO BrandFire Adam Padilla.
4. Latin Biz Today partner, director of communications capped off the evening with a showcase of three Latina entrepreneur fashion designers: Paulita Carlotta, Cenia and Tina’s own Tocaya.
Look for more videos from this event and others…