Successfully grow your small business with these key guidelines.
Editor’s note: This the first in a video series from Latin Biz Today Spectrum of Success Event small business panel held in NY. It highlights Tracy Nieporent’s 34 year experience in the restaurant industry as a partner-owner and CMO.
Stella Vida, CPA shared some key financial best practices at the Latin Biz Today Latinx Spectrum Of Success Event NY 2019.
Other videos from the event:
Know your current financial position so you can properly plan your business growth.
Some guidelines include:
- Financial planning objectives.
- Reporting, meticulous bookkeeping.
- Knowing what products and services are high margin winners and what’s dragging.
- Hire a CPA to hone your financial strategy.
Stella Vida has over 25 years of public and private accounting experience. She specializes in controllership and accounting operations advisory, as well as business and individual tax preparation and strategy. Stella holds a Bachelor’s degree in Public Accounting from Pace University and began her public accounting career at Marks, Paneth and Shron LLP, followed by CBIZ Mahoney Cohen & Company. She has served clients in the publishing, apparel, retail, manufacturing and professional services sectors. Stella was a Senior Accounting Manager at TAL International (formerly Transamerica Leasing) where she was responsible for financial reporting, managing S&A reporting for 10+ global offices, and was involved in the firm’s IPO. Stella’s current engagements include acting CFO of a professional services firm with locations in multiple states, tax preparation and advisory to several medical practices and consulting in the areas of monthly financial reporting. Stella is a managing member and heads the firm’s accounting and controllership practice.
The event was held on September 17, 2019 Latin Biz Today held its sold out small business event to celebrate Latinx small biz owners during a convergence of Hispanic Heritage Month and New York Fashion Week.
The Latin Biz Today Latinx Spectrum of Success NY Event
The NY September event featured:
1. Keynote speaker Rosie Mercado kicked off the festivities sharing her entrepreneurial experiences and life lessons.
2. Latin Biz Today’s exceptional mentor-contributor mindshare and thought leadership were showcased in a small business panel moderated by Gabby Vazquez who provided their insights to the entrepreneur attendees.
Here’s the line up: Biz Panel Moderator: Gabrielle Y. Vázquez, Partner, attorney McGrail & Bensinger, LLP with the distinguished panel experts:
- Manuel Chinea, EVP, Chief Operating Officer, Popular Bank
- Bob Dorf, “The Start Up Guy” Speaker, author, coach, consultant, trainer with over 84K LinkedIn followers Small business growth in U.S and LatAm.
- Chuck Garcia, motivational speaker, leadership, author of “A Climb to the Top”
- Tracy Nieporent, partner Myriad Restaurant Group: Tribeca Grill, Bâtard, Nobu Downtown, Nobu 57, Nobu London, Porsche Grill (formerly Acela Club) at Citi Field, The Daily Burger at Madison Square Garden, and Crush Wine & Spirits.
- Stella Vida, CPA, Owner and Managing Partner of Hart Vida & Partners
3. Kiki Melendez comedian, producer, entrepreneur followed our biz panel and had a spirited and amusing exchange with CEO BrandFire Adam Padilla.
4. Latin Biz Today partner, director of communications capped off the evening with a showcase of three Latina entrepreneur fashion designers: Paulita Carlotta, Cenia and Tina’s own Tocaya.
Look for more videos from this event and others…