An experienced and successful entrepreneur shares valuable tips on business professional team members
In a previous article I wrote about how I managed the second growth spurt for my company. Along the way, I learned several lessons that I would like to share about selecting the right business professional.
Six Lessons Learned
1. In my experience referrals from one professional to the other can be very helpful as the person being hired will feel compelled to perform because their friends word is on the line as well as their own.
2. Its important as a small business owner to be as loyal, but dont do so to the extent that it hurts your business. If you outgrow one of the professionals you work with, so be it.
3. If a professional you have counted on starts to take your business for granted, talk it out with them and give them a second chance. Bringing them back to the fold can be easier than breaking in a whole new person/team.
4. If anyone you deal with professionally tries to convince you to cut ethical corners:
a) dont do it and
b) fire them.
5. Stay in touch with your professional team even when you dont need theminvite them to your holiday parties, chat with them from time to time, etc. Keep them engaged and stay up with developments on their end too.
6. When someone is doing a great job for you, dont be shy about communicating this to your fellow entrepreneursspreading the word about someone you really trust can help build a network of good will. But dont do this for someone you dont know all that well yetthis can get you into trouble if they flake out.
These six tips can help you choose professionals with whom to work. Building a good network of individuals can help Hispanic businesses succeed now and well into the future.
Need a professional? Who You Gonna Call?