Small business owners need to manage all aspects of business and life in real-time
Let’s face it. Where, and how, we work is changing. We’re spending less time in offices and at desks. More time on the go. Much in part due to the rapid proliferation of smartphones, tablets, and emerging wearables. And there’s no sign of this changing, especially with the fact that only 20% of the global workforce sits at a desk.
As this mobile shift continues to evolve, there’s an exciting opportunity for entrepreneurs and small businesses to get more things done on the move. And thankfully, there’s an increasing number of tools becoming available to do just this.
These tools can boost productivity, enable greater flexibility, and ultimately free up time to better engage and help customers, prospects, and employees.
Let’s take a look at 4 apps to help you get more done on the move:
Skitch is one of those handy apps that you’ll find yourself using more and more as you go. It allows you to easily markup and annotate just about any photo. A powerful (and convenient) way to convey ideas more visually: whether it’s reviewing new marketing collateral with your team, highlighting a new feature for your customer, or even pointing out key locations your suppliers need to be at the tradeshow.
Evernote’s own Skitch description
See something that sparks an idea? Use Skitch to snap it, mark it up with simple tools, and send it on in an instant. Your bold ideas stand out even brighter with Skitch. People everywhere use Skitch to help them visually share their thoughts with others. Here are a few ways you can use it, too:
- Fun: Mark up photos of silly, cool, or inspiring things you see and share them via social, email, SMS, and more.
- Home: Annotate photos of your backyard to plan out your vegetable garden.
- School: Share a diagram of the earth’s layers and have students label it with you
- Events: Capture a map, mark it up, and share it with your friends to show them where you’ll be.
- Work: Open a PDF and highlight changes to skip the lengthy, confusing email chains and give clear feedback.
For most people, meetings make up most of the day. Small businesses and entrepreneurs are no exception. And I think it’s safe to say we all know there’s room for improvement. Running efficient meetings saves you (and your customers!) time, which leads to happier customers. That’s where Do comes in. Do is a great productivity tool that helps you get everyone on the same page.
It lets you share meeting agendas so everyone can follow along, capture key notes and outcomes, and easily share meeting summaries. I’ve used it to help coordinate weekly team meetings, but you could extend it to any meeting: management meetings, daily standups, bi-weekly customer meetings, and more. It can be a big help in giving you, and your customers, time back in your day. Something we all can appreciate!
Do’s own description:
- Waste less time in meetings. Know how your organization spends time. The summary tells you about hours, dollars, and energy spent in your organization, giving personalized advice about how to approach meetings and productivity in your organization.
- Accountability With the weekly summary, you’ll always know how everyone’s time has been spent at work.
- Efficiency Tracking your weekly insights will allow you to streamline your workflow to enhance your organization’s efficiency.
- Structure The weekly summary provides a structured, detailed overview of your meetings and workplace productivity. It all lives in one place.
Next- Mobile Apps 3 and 4